Disability support workers • immediate employment • free Training
Disability support workers
Jobs with Potential
Work with Purpose
Available right now!
You can start a new, meaningful career path, as a disability support worker supporting Manitoba’s most vulnerable. The Direct Service Provider “Rapid Recruitment Initiative” is looking to recruit Manitobans for entry-level full-time employment in the disability field.
This program uses Envoyy.ca, a platform managed by Manitoba Possible, formerly The Society for Manitobans with Disabilities, to oversee the job application and placement process. Click on the Register Now box and be taken to the registration page.
We currently have jobs in communities across Manitoba available immediately!
With the province in a pandemic crisis and the pressure building on the social services industry, these important and necessary jobs have recently become available.
Submit an application by clicking the Register Now button and fill out the required information.
Direct service providers are needed to support adults with intellectual disabilities in their homes, at their workplaces and in other community settings.
Direct service providers support adults with intellectual disabilities by:
- Providing support in personal care, hygiene and household skills
- Completing general household tasks
- Providing physical and emotional support
- Assisting with activities that encourage development of daily social and life skills
- Performing administrative duties and maintaining lines of communication
If you are looking for an introduction into the field of social services, this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
If you are looking for a job that has room to grow and has long term stability then Register with us now.
Successful candidates also have access to a free accelerated-learning online course on the fundamentals of disability support that has been developed by Red River College.
Here’s a little on what we are looking for in our direct service providers:
- Good written and oral English skills
- Recent certification in First Aid, or willingness to complete
- Clear criminal record check and adult abuse registry check
- Teamwork skills
- Interest in or experience working with vulnerable people
- 18 years or older and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Immediate availability and a flexible schedule
Do you have the skills and the personality to take on the challenge? If you do, consider a job where you know you are having an impact, and where you know what you are doing matters.
Register for this exciting opportunity today!
© Copyright 2021 Government of Manitoba. All Rights Reserved.